24 Foods For The Bedroom
A high libido and great bedroom performance is a sign of balanced hormones and good health. If you would like to see improvements in your sexual life the first thing you need to do is drop processed foods. Processed food drains your body of essential vitamins and minerals needed for optimal hormone production.
The second thing you need to do is to make sure you are getting the right nutrients by consuming a wide variety of whole foods. Like the list below.
If you’ve managed to make these first steps you should see a decrease in your body fat percentage and an improvement in your sleep quality. This improvement will lead to balanced hormones and well …better sex.
Here is a list of 24 foods for the bedroom:
- Almonds, a source of essential fatty acids aids in the production of male hormones thus regulating the sex-drive. The smell of almonds is found to arouse passion in females.
- Asparagus, rich in foliate; a B vitamin helps increase the production of histamine, essential for the sex drive of men and women. Asparagus is rich in ‘the sex vitamin’, Vitamin E.
- Avocado contains folic acid, vitamin B6 and potassium. B6 improves male hormone production; and potassium helps regulate a woman’s thyroid gland.
- Bananas (as in pineapple), contains the enzyme ‘bromelain’ which helps boost the male libido. Bananas are a good source of B vitamins and potassium; both increase the body energy levels and are vital for sex-hormone production.
- Basil increases circulation, stimulates the sex drive and boosts fertility. It also produces a general sense of well being.
- Beans, all varieties are zinc-rich vegetables. Zinc is critical for healthy sperm.
- Broccoli (like brussel sprouts), contains Indole-3-carbinol, a compound that helps reduce estrogen levels, broccoli and brussel sprouts are a libido booster in men, although they can have the opposite effect in women.
- Cardamom is beneficial in treating impotence. It is high in cineole, which increases blood flow to the sex organs.
- Celery contains androsterone, an odorless hormone released through male perspiration. While you can’t smell it, androsterone may act as a pheromone, triggering female attraction.
- Chilies contain capsaicin the substance that gives kick to peppers, curries and other spicy foods. Capsaicin triggers the release of endorphins, the feel good chemical for your brain.
- Dark Chocolate contains serotonin, which boosts your mood, and phenyl ethylamine, which mimics the brain chemistry of a person in love. Women who eat chocolate on a daily basis have higher sexual function than those who don’t.
- Eggs contain vitamin B5 and B6 essential to maintaining balanced hormone levels and for reducing stress. Eggs are an excellent source of cholesterol, an important precursor to testosterone and estrogen production.
- Figs are high in amino acids which are critical to increasing your libido and boosting your sexual stamina.
- Fish, particularly mackerel and salmon contain large amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids, which enhance the nervous system and boost circulation. Healthy sex for both men and women is gained by increasing blood flow.
- Garlic contains high levels of allicin a compound that can improve blood flow to the sexual organs. Allicin is produced once garlic has been chopped.
- Goji Berries, also called Wolfberries, are reputed to increase testosterone levels.
- Maca, a less common food, increases testosterone and helps with erective dysfunctions and impotency. For women, maca increases the sex-drive and increases fertility.
- Nutmeg can unlock your libido.
- Nuts contain essential fatty acids critical to the production of the love hormones. They are rich in L-Arginine which improves circulation and enhances erectile response. Pine nuts are packed with zinc, critical for healthy sperm.
- Oysters contain zinc which is essential for testosterone production and the maintenance of healthy sperm. Oysters also boost dopamine, a hormone that increases libido in both men and women.
- Pumpkin Seeds contain zinc, which is important in testosterone production for men and helps to sustain sexual desire in women. Pumpkin seeds are rich in the essential fatty acid omega 3, which acts as a precursor of prostaglandins, hormone-like substances that play a key role in sexual health. A diet rich in pumpkin seeds will enhance potency, drive and fertility. Note: Zinc deficiency can make a woman completely lose her sex drive.
- Sauerkraut can unlock your libido, making men more “sexually active”.
- Steak boosts testosterone levels, plus it’s packed with protein, iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- Watermelon is rich with citrulline, an amino acid that helps improve blood flow to the heart and genitalia.