Natural Remedies for Insect Bites
Summer is now in full swing and bug bites are inevitable. Bug spray is very toxic so if you want to avoid using it try natural products such as citronella candles/creams. But when you do end up with bites here are some natural remedies for you to try;
• Rub an ice cube on the bug bite right away. This helps decrease the inflammation that causes itching.
• Underarm deodorants have ingredients that reduce skin irritation. If you get a bug bite, try any deodorant and see if it works.
• Apply a drop or two of peppermint oil. It has a cooling effect, and also increases circulation to the bite, speeding the healing process. Alternatively, if you have toothpaste that contains peppermint oil, apply a dab.
• Look for an anti-itch spray or gel that contains menthol, a classic skin-soother. Keep the product in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it. The coolness will provide extra itch relief.
• Buy anti-itch creamthat contains a topical anesthetic to numb the area. Some also contain hydrocortisone to stop the swelling and antihistamine to counter the allergic reaction.
Stop scratching, it makes them worse!